Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2019 7:14 pm  #1

Just watched Mayor Pete Buttigieg at a town hall hosted by MSNBC

Just watched Mayor Pete Buttigieg at a town hall hosted by MSNBC TV host Chris Matthews of Hard Ball.

Mayor Pete was taking questions from random audience members.  WOW, he's SO well spoken and informed on so many issues.  Personable too.  He's been rising in my estimation of him.  I'm still thinking that I'll support Biden at this point in time, but I could see myself supporting Mayor Pete too.

6/04/2019 10:08 am  #2

Re: Just watched Mayor Pete Buttigieg at a town hall hosted by MSNBC

Pete thinks fast and is able to answer questions directly. I am interested to see how he does in debates. I want to see candidates like Pete (and Warren) call out other candidates who do not answer questions but who fall back on talking points.

Pete also takes the time to connect personally with each person asking the question, and when he does it, it seems real, not forced.

I like him a lot.

Amadeus

6/04/2019 10:30 am  #3

I like him a LOT too.  No doubt, we'll be seeing him in big time politics for quite some time, regardless of how this election plays out.  I don't see him as a "flash in the pan" whose time is now or never.

6/04/2019 11:41 am  #4

Amadeus wrote:

Pete thinks fast and is able to answer questions directly. I am interested to see how he does in debates. I want to see candidates like Pete (and Warren) call out other candidates who do not answer questions but who fall back on talking points.

Pete also takes the time to connect personally with each person asking the question, and when he does it, it seems real, not forced.

I like him a lot.

Amadeus

I agree, and have the same observation. A candidate can be shaped by the party, and provide canned answers, or can shape the party with original answers. We are overdue for a "peoples' choice" instead of "the party's choice." 

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

6/08/2019 6:48 pm  #5

YES, I absolutely agree that we need a "people's choice" and not a "party's choice".

Only thing is, we need someone who can beat tRUMP the MOST right now

6/09/2019 9:44 am  #6

Trish aka Loresinger wrote:

We also need someone younger. I love Biden but he is still long in the tooth. A person like Pete is more in touch with here and now (IMO)

=================================

Well, "Mayor Pete" is certainly an interesting and enthusiastic aspirant to the white house, but he's got some light baggage that will harm him THIS time out with stealing any conservative votes.  He's quite young, he's gay, and he's got very little experience, which gives them an excuse to dismiss him in spite of his clearly being preferable to tRUMP.  This time out, he'd make an exciting VP pick for Biden.  However, I think that Biden, if chosen, will be hard pressed to choose a female VP, meaning NOT Mayor Pete.  Although, an argument could be made for him to choose him based on the fact that he's gay, progressive, and young.  So, it's up in the air.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Buttigieg won the nomination, but I am not so sure that, right now, he could carry more than the DEMs and we all know that the winner MUST carry Independents too.  I think that women WOULD come out for him to vote him in, but they might also stay home to send a message that it's time for a woman POTUS.

Tough call so early in the process.

I do think that a Kamala Harris nominee could readily choose Buttigieg as her running mate and have a successful campaign against tRUMP.  If Elizabeth Warren won, I'd think she'd choose someone like Beto O'Rourke to avoid any extra baggage given her own, but who knows? 

I don't think that America would elect a two woman ticket because too many aren't quite ready for that yet, although I'd support it with the right combo.

6/09/2019 11:34 am  #7

I saw numerous Trumpeon corruptions of the name Buttigieg, referencing his sexuality. Those people go no further than that in candidate investigation and information. They want Trump, who bullies and name calls for them. True to form, they know nothing more about him either. Par for the course. 

The Trump Rally replaced the Cinco de Mayo parade with only one set of jumper cables as the slowest thing on earth, and the St. Patrick's Day Parade as the dumbest thing on earth. 

6/09/2019 7:48 pm  #8

No surprises there regarding making fun of his name.  Folks often make fun of people's names, like tRUMP.  LOL... It is irritating that Buttigieg was ridiculed for his sexuality, however, his name lends itself so easily to it that I'd be surprised if no one did that.

What's that about the tRUMP rally? Not following it.

6/10/2019 12:07 pm  #9

Siagiah wrote:

No surprises there regarding making fun of his name.  Folks often make fun of people's names, like tRUMP.  LOL... It is irritating that Buttigieg was ridiculed for his sexuality, however, his name lends itself so easily to it that I'd be surprised if no one did that.

What's that about the tRUMP rally? Not following it.

A Trump rally is the new "Dumbest thing on earth." And the slowest. 

Russia assisted this presidency. Made it a Putinputsch, or a Trumputsch. 

From the Mueller Report:
1.) Russia implemented massive interference in the 2016 presidential election, favoring and helping Donald Trump. 
2.) The Trump campaign welcomed the Russian efforts. 
3.) Trump obstructed justice from beginning of the Mueller investigation to conclusion, and through his AG William Barr, authorized release of deliberate misinformation about the report findings.

Where's his base on this? 

Board footera