Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2019 11:15 am  #1

The Mount Massive Music

This one piece of the Fourteener suite has received the bulk of my attention in edit, rescoring and reworking, because IMO it always falls a littls short of what I want it to do. To be like. I revised, rescored, and re-recorded again, this time coming closer. Harmony is richer, grander, and the fugue is more intense. 

Mt Massive is a jaw dropping vista from Leadville. It is a wall whose summit ridge remains above 14,000 feet for three miles. Everything below it is dwarfed and overwhelmed. It is my favorite mountain. 

I don't say this, because I kind of want authentic response. But everyone on You Tube asks for both subscriptions and likes because of how that affects their account and monetization. So reluctantly playing the game, I ask for that too. Please consider it. 

Last edited by Pikes Peak 14115 (4/26/2019 9:15 pm)

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

5/03/2019 12:07 am  #2

Re: The Mount Massive Music

You always do beautiful music.  I didn't see this earlier.  Just now noticed that you'd posted it and I missed it.  Sorry.

How do we subscribe to your channel ?

BTW, there IS a way to post your links that take folks directly to youtube if it matters for your stuff to get views THERE vs on another forum?

This is the format to do that if you need to.  <a target="_blank" href="URL">Text describing link</a>

5/03/2019 12:24 am  #3

Okay, so I figured out how to log in to youtube via google and liked it and subscribed.

5/03/2019 12:27 am  #4

I just opened the link and also watched it here.  It didn't add views  ??

5/03/2019 1:26 pm  #5

Siagiah wrote:

You Tube appears to add views in cycles. 

I re-scored and re-recorded Weminuche, the symphonic compliment to Massive. 

A triangle plays two notes during the development of the lullaby theme 9:32 into the music. "Come home." This is the "Come home" theme. I trembled when it was written, rocking with the gentle rhythm. It was like somebody else was touching my pen, guiding it. When it comes back, two more times, it is richer, with deeper tapestry, lusher harmony each time.

Do I dare say it? This wilderness is the closest thing to God I know. "Come home" fills my eyes with tears, because I know time is drawing short. "Things" are happening. Little signs, here and there. Do I want to hang on, or do I just want it to be over and be with God? I find myself asking, "God? Please just take me home." But then I can't, because too many are too dependent on me. Not now. Not yet. Let me get those loose ends secure first.

I would like my ashes scattered on Vestal Peak.That's the one in the title photo. 

5/03/2019 1:44 pm  #6

Siagiah wrote:

You always do beautiful music.  I didn't see this earlier.  Just now noticed that you'd posted it and I missed it.  Sorry.

BTW, there IS a way to post your links that take folks directly to youtube if it matters for your stuff to get views THERE vs on another forum?

This is the format to do that if you need to.  <a target="_blank" href="URL">Text describing link</a>

I read the MF critique in the yellow background. 1930's horror music. Quite a compliment. The Bach wannabe two centuries too late is especially nice. Does he hear and recognize the Chinese instruments in the orchestra? The erhu, dizi, hulisi, and guqin? The bridging between eastern and western music? Or the relevance because of the Chinese workers who laid down 19th Century railroads, and dug mine tunnels out here? Probably not. Weminuche opens with the specific pressurized train flutes used by the Silverton Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad, played by a percussionist who also releases pressurized steam as an instrument of percussion. 

I won't release how "thunder" is achieved. Or in other movements, the "birds" from the brass and woodwinds. 

5/03/2019 4:43 pm  #7

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Siagiah wrote:

---------------------------

I read the MF critique in the yellow background. 1930's horror music. Quite a compliment. The Bach wannabe two centuries too late is especially nice. Does he hear and recognize the Chinese instruments in the orchestra? The erhu, dizi, hulisi, and guqin? The bridging between eastern and western music? Or the relevance because of the Chinese workers who laid down 19th Century railroads, and dug mine tunnels out here? Probably not. Weminuche opens with the specific pressurized train flutes used by the Silverton Durango Narrow Gauge Railroad, played by a percussionist who also releases pressurized steam as an instrument of percussion. 

I won't release how "thunder" is achieved. Or in other movements, the "birds" from the brass and woodwinds. 

=============

Mondo is just jealous.

But, please do check it again.  It's received compliments now.

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=175790;article=1633218;title=Religion%20and%20Ethics%20BBS

5/03/2019 4:59 pm  #8

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Siagiah wrote:

You Tube appears to add views in cycles. 
I re-scored and re-recorded Weminuche, the symphonic compliment to Massive. 

[size=100]A triangle plays two notes during the development of the lullaby theme 9:32 into the music. "Come home." This is the "Come home" theme. I trembled when it was written, rocking with the gentle rhythm. It was like somebody else was touching my pen, guiding it. When it comes back, two more times, it is richer, with deeper tapestry, lusher harmony each time.

Do I dare say it? This wilderness is the closest thing to God I know. "Come home" fills my eyes with tears, because I know time is drawing short. "Things" are happening. Little signs, here and there. Do I want to hang on, or do I just want it to be over and be with God? I find myself asking, "God? Please just take me home." But then I can't, because too many are too dependent on me. Not now. Not yet. Let me get those loose ends secure first.

I would like my ashes scattered on Vestal Peak.That's the one in the title photo.
 [/size]

=================

It's beautiful !!  If you're noticing little things, please see a doctor ??    Aren't you CLOSE to Medicare age ?? 

5/03/2019 5:55 pm  #9

Siagiah wrote:

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Siagiah wrote:

=============

Mondo is just jealous.

But, please do check it again.  It's received compliments now.

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=175790;article=1633218;title=Religion%20and%20Ethics%20BBS

I am glad he wrote what he did. If others who listen think it sucks, then I might have some serious woodshedding to do. But it doesn't suck. It isn't in a popular music form, and doesn't belong in one. If listeners decide it doesn't suck, doesn't sound like 1930s horror music, etc, then mf either established an inability to determine quality, or he allows unfounded and unnecessary jealousy to eat him alive. 

5/03/2019 6:34 pm  #10

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Siagiah wrote:

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

=============

Mondo is just jealous.

But, please do check it again.  It's received compliments now.[/size]

I am glad he wrote what he did. If others who listen think it sucks, then I might have some serious woodshedding to do. But it doesn't suck. It isn't in a popular music form, and doesn't belong in one. If listeners decide it doesn't suck, doesn't sound like 1930s horror music, etc, then mf either established an inability to determine quality, or he allows unfounded and unnecessary jealousy to eat him alive. 

===========================

I think that it's BOTH.  :-)

Board footera