Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2019 7:27 pm  #1

QUANTAFYRE suggested a change to the REPLY button

QUOTE QUANTAFYRE ***Sia, there are three steps that should, in my opinion, be changed or eliminated so that getting back to a post that one wishes to address is more direct and/or simpler. After logging in the responder to the post he/she wants to address should be redirected to that post 'directly' instead of having to go back to the main menu, select the topic so desired, click on the thread where the original post resides and then find the post in question. This saves at lest three steps in the process and makes it easier to find the desired original post. Also, I think it could be confusing to a new poster to find the correct way to post their response. In addition, the 'post reply' button should be contained within the rectangle surrounding the post the responder is interested in (rather than going to the bottom of the page for a reply). The new responder may not know which of the posts his/her response is targeted for. I know I was unsure the first time or two. Just my two centavos.***

============================

SIAGIAH RESPONSE:
Posters should REMAIN logged in to avoid the added steps of logging in.  You can select that when you log in and you won't have to log in every time and will be taken directly to the main index page.

I'm not sure what you mean about having to do three steps to find a post.  When I come here, I am already on the INDEX (main page) because I STAY logged in.  NOTE: You will still show as offline if you've been idle for 20 minutes so it's of no consequence to anyone else to choose 'stay logged in'.

I am able to add another REPLY box at the bottom of a thread (Quick reply, but it doesn't offer a preview function), but I am not able to add a reply button to individual posts.  The QUOTE button serves that purpose.  The REPLY function is built into the forum software and I have NO control over it only appearing at the bottom of each thread.

Also, Posters can choose SILENT EDIT if desired so that "edited by xxxx" won't appear in their threads. If you preview your edit, you must choose SILENT EDIT again when you go to submit it.

If you choose NOTIFY ME WHEN SOMEONE RESPONDS when you post, you'll get an email when anyone responds and you can follow the link in the email directly to the thread.

4/28/2019 7:35 pm  #2

Re: QUANTAFYRE suggested a change to the REPLY button

Also, if you check out the tips on navigating the forum, you'll find a post with a picture directions on how to have the forum show you ONLY the new posts.  It's very easy to navigate using the tips.

Please feel free to offer YOUR tips too.  It will help newbies.

Board footera