Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2019 2:20 am  #1

This house has to be SEEN to be believed. Prepare yourself...

https://www.redfin.com/TX/Buda/311-Towhee-Dr-78610/home/33820496?fbclid=IwAR0l9LnYV2MUTLIPSwCEs2wtyqwjSukERROvaiL-b2H0OrhHC2UW8Ubz0oI

As bad as the "tour" begins, you simply won't BELIEVE what the kitchen looks like.  And the owner did all of this ON PURPOSE... This defies belief.

My gawd, it's awfully busy inside. I don't mind the wall covering color, it's the STUFF. And that kitchen is BARF CITY... The owner painted it all ?? WHY ?? To punish the cook ??

OMG, the more I look at the pix, the sicker my tummy feels and my eyeballs hurt... I think whomever decorated it has absolutely NO sense of taste or style and must have a compulsion to buy EVERYTHING they come across. Whatever made them put those rooms together cannot be resolved in years of psychotherapy I'm afraid. What's most bizarre is how barren the yard is and how overloaded, overdone, and BUTT UGLY the house is inside.

Also, WHAT is the R.E. salesperson THINKING in allowing the house to be shown THIS cluttered ?? That goes against EVERY RULE of selling a home. 

Note: The furniture is "negotiable"...

311 Towhee Dr Buda, TX 78610
$435,000  Price
4 Beds  2 Baths
3,091 Sq. Ft.
$141 / Sq. Ft.
Redfin Estimate: $424,605
On Redfin: 47 days

Street ViewGo Tour This HomeTuesday
Tour It's free, with no obligation — cancel anytime
Ask a Question[url=tel:+15126689694](512) 668-9694[/url]
Redfin Refund: $1,636Savings when you buy with a Redfin Agent
Start an Offer    Large 4 Br/2 Ba Ranch style home in Leisurewoods. Kitchen and walls painted custom by owner. Detached converted garage, detached office, pool, green room. Large living room/den, and formal dining plus breakfast nook. Furniture is negotiable. Huge lot with mature trees. Historical Texans burial plot in front yard. One of a kind, artistic home with lots of great features.

4/24/2019 9:23 am  #2

Re: This house has to be SEEN to be believed. Prepare yourself...

How much of that is flammable?

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

4/24/2019 11:08 am  #3

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

How much of that is flammable?

==========================

IDK, but someone has overdosed on Victorian, but missed its antique charm by a mile and has gone to "hoarder status" FULL STOP, albeit clean hoarder status.  Each item is probably beautiful, all by itself, but this home proves that "less is more".

The house was bad enough, but that KITCHEN... TOTAL barf city.

and I actually like and appreciate Victorian homes, appropriately decorated and have been known to collect a bit of "clutter".  This house is beyond ridiculous !!

4/24/2019 2:44 pm  #4

My question and implication is based on most of that being flammable with hope and intent to inflame it, and that if somebody were to say... test that, it would be a misfortune. 

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

4/25/2019 1:03 am  #5

You may find this as incomprehensible as I did, but THREE of my gal pals actually LIKE the kitchen !!  No one liked the rest of the house with his excessive clutter hoards, but they seemed to think that the kitchen was wicked nice.

MY GAWD, it spun my eyeballs with how BUSY and OVERDONE it was.  I recognize that each panel or door, ALL BY ITSELF, was beautifully painted... But the overall appearance with so many of them jumbled together was of someone who couldn't make up their mind what style or design they wanted, so they used them ALL. 

It's like wearing all of your favorite clothes at the same damned time.  FUGLY  (F***ing ugly)

4/25/2019 8:10 pm  #6

Trish aka Loresinger wrote:

For the right buyer that house has tons of potential. All of those doors can come off and be sold singly as hand-crafted  folkart pieces. The vaulted ceilings are awesome as is the pool. Some rooms don't need much to be livable. 

But you are correct it looks like a Victorian and a Ukranian easter egg made a house together.

==============================================

LMAO.  Yes, that's quite the name for the combo.  The house is full of bunnies, crosses, and Easter-egg like stuff. 

Yes, EMPTY, the house has great bones and would sell FAST.  But, as pictured, NO WAY, which explains its 49 + days on the market.  In today's market, that's a long time.

Board footera