Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2019 6:12 pm  #1

The redacted Mueller Report is coming out Thursday.

But Barr AND tRUMP plan to hold press conferences BEFORE Congress gets the report ??  What the heck is THAT about ???  Trying to get ahead of the damaging things that are likely to come out ??

4/18/2019 9:16 am  #2

Re: The redacted Mueller Report is coming out Thursday.

Any time Trump holds a press conference, or appears in public in any capacity, the damaging thing comes out. 

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

4/18/2019 10:38 am  #3

They are trying to shape the narrative. If they hold the press conference first, then the first wave of news that comes out will be what they want it to be - or so they think.

I think this will backfire because it is so obvious. People, including the media, are mad about this attempt to manipulate the process. I have a feeling they will be facing some pretty pointed questioning, and the reporting isn't going to be friendly.

FOX, on the other hand, is putting in overtime to laud the president and the AG for not colluding with anyone in such a fashion that it reaches criminal levels. *rolls eyes*

What a mess. What a mess we have become. I blame the Republican Party leadership and I blame Karl Rove and I blame those who have sought to use the chaos to grab for more power instead of swatting down those who would abuse our norms and break our rules.

Amadeus

4/18/2019 10:50 am  #4

Amadeus wrote:

They are trying to shape the narrative. If they hold the press conference first, then the first wave of news that comes out will be what they want it to be - or so they think.

I think this will backfire because it is so obvious. People, including the media, are mad about this attempt to manipulate the process. I have a feeling they will be facing some pretty pointed questioning, and the reporting isn't going to be friendly.

FOX, on the other hand, is putting in overtime to laud the president and the AG for not colluding with anyone in such a fashion that it reaches criminal levels. *rolls eyes*

What a mess. What a mess we have become. I blame the Republican Party leadership and I blame Karl Rove and I blame those who have sought to use the chaos to grab for more power instead of swatting down those who would abuse our norms and break our rules.

Amadeus

======================

I think you're spot on target.  I haven't seen anything on Fox but that sounds about right.  Praising collusion that doesn't QUITE meet the standard of criminal charges.  Unbelievable.

But what does Barr get out of doing this ??  Surely he knows that history and even the present won't be kind to him and that his behavior, if it goes too far, might find him with a bullseye on his back?

Board footera