Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2019 9:50 pm  #1

tRUMP admitted that he considered IVANKA as World Bank President

https://theweek.com/speedreads/834815/trump-says-considered-ivanka-world-bank-president-because-good-numbers

Trump says he considered Ivanka for World Bank president because 'she's very good with numbers'

April 12, 2019

Saul Loeb / Getty Images

President Trump confirmed that he considered picking his daughter to be president of the World Bank.

Trump spoke withThe Atlantic as part of a profile of his daughter published Friday, and he revealed that he "thought of Ivanka for the World Bank." In fact, he sounded slightly disappointed that he didn't end up going with her, explaining, "she would've been great at that because she's very good with numbers."

The Financial Times reported in January that Ivanka Trump was one of the candidates being considered for the position, an idea that was panned by those on the left. The White House said a few days later that she would not be a candidate for the position but would help select the president's nominee. Trump ended up nominating David Malpass, who was approved as World Bank president on April 5.

World Bank president isn't the only major job Trump has considered his daughter for, though. The Atlantic writes that Ivanka is "at the top of her father's mind" whenever an administration position opens up, and he considered picking her to replace Nikki Haley as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

"She would've been great at the United Nations, as an example," Trump told The Atlantic, saying he only didn't nominate his daughter because "if I did, they'd say nepotism, when it would've had nothing to do with nepotism. But she would've been incredible." The president evidently thinks his daughter is suited to take over his job one day as well, saying, "If she ever wanted to run for president. I think she'd be very, very hard to beat."

by Brendan Morrow  The Week Magazine

=================================================

Can you BELIEVE what an IDIOT tRUMP is ??? 

4/16/2019 10:49 pm  #2

Re: tRUMP admitted that he considered IVANKA as World Bank President

I wonder who talks tRUMP out of some of his worst impulses, like this one ?

I get being incredibly proud of our children, but believing they are qualified for positions that require significant education and experience that they simply don't have is not "normal pride".  It's NUTZ

4/17/2019 3:26 pm  #3

Re: tRUMP admitted that he considered IVANKA as World Bank President

Ivanka confirmed that he didn't just consider her, he OFFERED her the position...

HOLY SMOKES.

Board footera