Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2019 12:54 am  #1

Watch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez get excited about the prospect of worki

https://theweek.com/speedreads/847511/watch-alexandria-ocasiocortez-excited-about-prospect-working-ted-cruz

Watch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez get excited about the prospect of working with Ted Cruz

June 16, 2019
 Washington is bearing witness to, perhaps, the unlikeliest dynamic duo in recent memory.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) are certainly not of the same political ilk, but they've recently gone back and forth over social media, with each expressing a willingness to work with the other to get certain bills passed.

The two politicians are of the same opinion when it comes to banning former lawmakers from becoming lobbyists after their tenures are up, as well as the idea that birth control should be available over-the-counter. They're now trying to team up to pass legislation on both matters.

But, if you thought this was just some political ploy or feigned bipartisanship in a tumultuous era, think again. In an appearance on ABC's This Week, Ocasio-Cortez said she was "extraordinarily excited" to work with Cruz on these issues, admitting that it's a surprise to her, as well.

Tim O'Donnell 

This Week  @ThisWeekABC  .@AOC on working with Sen. Ted Cruz: "We haven't met in person yet, but I do know that we have an ongoing working relationship and I'm extraordinarily excited in seeing what we can accomplish."

"Never thought I'd say it," she adds with a laugh
https://abcn.ws/2Zt91EN  pic.twitter.com/GK87DFOMGv

10:36 AM - Jun 16, 2019

Twitter Ads info and privacy

By playing this video you agree to Twitter's use of cookiesThis use may include analytics, personalization, and ads.

Board footera