Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2019 10:14 am  #1

SJW, most of the activity is happening on the simple message board.

Your log in and password for it is in your INBOX.  Change your PW once you log in.

6/28/2019 2:14 pm  #2

Re: SJW, most of the activity is happening on the simple message board.

More's the pity...  =(

6/28/2019 2:53 pm  #3

Well, people generally prefer the simple, threaded format.  So, we have both.

I generally try to post topics on both of them.

I'm thinking that this forum is much more suited to more serious topics and discussions and the simple threaded one most suited to politics ??

Several people were posting here before, but too many members signed up but then spent most of their time on other - threaded - boards they were also participants of instead of building this one up.   So, without the variety of individuals interacting, it's a hard sell to change the format SO dramatically.

We can have both though and we will keep both open so that deeper, maybe more thoughtful discussions will take place here.  That way, those who want to scroll through quickly to see everything happening in one view can have what they want too.

I hunted for a forum that allowed for threaded discussions WITHIN individual boards, but the only one I did find was fairly expensive.  I didn't save its link, and now I can't find it again. 

Most DON'T offer that unless it's a paid platform with specialized software provided or you bring your own.  The software needed is readily available and I downloaded and tweaked it, but a reasonable platform is NOT so easily found.

6/30/2019 2:53 pm  #4

I took a look at the threaded version, and as I feared it would be, it's mostly politics. I'll pop in now and then in Mod Mode, but I doubt I'll post there.

6/30/2019 3:58 pm  #5

ALL topics are welcome there.  It is NOT designed to be "mostly politics".  It is designed to be whatever participants want it to be.

Just post whatever you like and the board will reflect its MEMBERS, not specific topics.

7/01/2019 12:53 pm  #6

I'm not claiming it was designed to be mostly politics...just pointing out that that's what it mostly is, like the old board was. =)

7/01/2019 1:03 pm  #7

Poppet wrote:

I'm not claiming it was designed to be mostly politics...just pointing out that that's what it mostly is, like the old board was. =)

=====================

Well, there is one way to change that... PARTICIPATE and post things that are not political in nature.  Make it reflect your own interests too.

All boards reflect their participants.  If folks don't post, then others get to decide the topics.

NOW is the opportunity to change The New Blue to be more than just political.

7/01/2019 1:05 pm  #8

Right now, it is half politics, half not.   I've made an effort to post other things to entice others to post a variety of topics too.

Board footera