Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2019 11:05 pm  #1

NEW POSTERS - GO TO MY OPTIONS to explore all of the individualized

Posters should go to MY OPTIONS to explore all of the individualized  things you can do on the forum to tweak it to suit you better.

The first time you log in, change the password and then feel free to checkmark the option to "remain logged in" so you don't have to log in or out anymore.  Write down your password just in case you get logged out so you can log back in.

Posters should change their passwords to something you can easily remember.  Administrators can help you change your password if you've lost it so that you can get back in, but NO ONE can tell you what your password was if you forget it because no one can see it, not even you.  That's why it's so important to write it down or change it to something you'll easily remember. Especially if you use the "stay logged in" feature that means no logging in or out.

You can change many settings under MY OPTIONS.  You can add an avatar, signature, change how you view the forum, change to your own time (EST, CENTRAL, PACIFIC, etc.) and so much more.

If your connection is slow or you don't like some features others use, you can change your viewing options to add or remove items to make it faster or "cleaner".  Those options are shown below in the image of the OPTIONS area.

OPTIONS is also where you can add an avatar and/or a signature to your account.  An avatar is a small picture that will post along with your poster name in all of your posts.  You can use a picture of yourself or of anything you like.  Follow the directions to make sure the image is small enough to work as an avatar.  Experiment until it looks right to you. 

If you want to upload your own personalized avatar and don't have a website to upload to, consider using photobucket  http://photobucket.com/ their new link that charges a token amount for an account or try the one I use, http://s37.photobucket.com/ which is free, no monthly charges.  No clue how long it will remain free or if it only is free to current customers, but, so far, mine has no monthly charges.

-------------------------------------------------

Try out the POLLING function in a thread to ask questions you're curious how others feel about it. 

You can private message other posters by going to your INBOX or by clicking on the MESSAGE function within posts.

You can quickly switch forums by scrolling to bottom of page and choosing the forum you want to go to OR going to top of page and clicking INDEX.

You can edit your own posts.  It will show the date and time when you edit. 

There are all kinds of easy "goodies" for text colors, sizes, bolding, underlining, and more.   

You can have email notifications for any posts you are interested in, or not. 

I believe that the forum self-corrects spelling errors too, but I'm not sure. 

Have fun trying them all out and perusing your favorite boards.

Any questions?  Post a topic publicly-- fire off a private email -- or send a private message... however you like to communicate.

Board footera