Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2019 1:37 pm  #1

Pete Buttigieg being heckled for being gay and married to a man

Watching the heckling right now on TV.  Idiots screaming insults at him while he's trying to speak at a rally.  He handled himself quite well.

Recent polls are showing that 30% of Americans say they are not ready for a gay POTUS. 
Are you?

What do you think of Buttigieg as a candidate aside of his sexuality ?

4/24/2019 9:19 am  #2

Re: Pete Buttigieg being heckled for being gay and married to a man

I think he handles himself really well in terms of thinking on his feet. I have seen him twice now having to field questions that he obviously didn't know were coming. He did a remarkable job. He didn't do the standard politician thing of answering the question he was prepared to answer instead of the one he was asked. He thought about it, talked his way through it without digging himself a hole, and then answered the questions clearly.

He is going to be a force to be reckoned with in debates if this is a real skill he has and not just an anomaly I noticed.

Amadeus

4/24/2019 9:50 am  #3

As you may know, we have a Gay governor, married to a man. 
Attacks made on him by the conservative Xistian religious right, center on his "Gayness" and how that affects his decision making. He receives an occasional death threat to which he doesn't even respond. His focus are issues for which he was elected. Concerns raised by his religious persecutors evaporate into the paranoid nonsense they are, really irrelevant to anything. 

If Pollis is a barometer, Buttgieg will be OK. 

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

4/25/2019 9:50 pm  #4

Amadeus wrote:

I think he handles himself really well in terms of thinking on his feet. I have seen him twice now having to field questions that he obviously didn't know were coming. He did a remarkable job. He didn't do the standard politician thing of answering the question he was prepared to answer instead of the one he was asked. He thought about it, talked his way through it without digging himself a hole, and then answered the questions clearly.

He is going to be a force to be reckoned with in debates if this is a real skill he has and not just an anomaly I noticed.

Amadeus

=================================

Oh, that's good to know.  I have only seen him talking once, but it was in passing, I wasn't paying close attention.  He seems articulate and sincere. I will pay closer attention now.  Thanks.

4/25/2019 9:52 pm  #5

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Attacks made on him by the conservative Xistian religious right, center on his "Gayness" and how that affects his decision making. He receives an occasional death threat to which he doesn't even respond. His focus are issues for which he was elected. Concerns raised by his religious persecutors evaporate into the paranoid nonsense they are, really irrelevant to anything. 

==============================

Actually, I didn't know that your governor was gay.  That's just awful that he gets death threats for it.  What is wrong with people ??

Last edited by Pikes Peak 14115 (4/26/2019 11:03 am)

4/26/2019 11:05 am  #6

Siagiah wrote:

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Actually, I didn't know that your governor was gay.  That's just awful that he gets death threats for it.  What is wrong with people ??

As per our experiences on the other site, when people can be anonymous, and feel so safe, no consequence can happen to them over what they say, they are capable of saying anything. The defining mark of the edge of crime is a sliding control the writer pushes so in his view, his remarks don't ever quite cross the criminal line. 

4/26/2019 1:18 pm  #7

Sad to hear that. The few times I've heard him speak in interview it has seemed to me that he spoke with 
more thought and substance than we are  accustomed to hearing these days. Or course, anyone sounding like 
an adult would stand in great contrast to the creature that occupies the White House.

4/26/2019 1:47 pm  #8

SJW wrote:

Sad to hear that. The few times I've heard him speak in interview it has seemed to me that he spoke with 
more thought and substance than we are  accustomed to hearing these days. Or course, anyone sounding like 
an adult would stand in great contrast to the creature that occupies the White House.

=================================

I've listened to him twice now and I agree that he goes into more detail than the average bear and seems incredibly sincere. 

Also, you're entirely correct about the contrast between the current white house occupant and just about ANYONE else.  Listening to an adult with plans and ideas is a breath of fresh air and only serves to highlight just how pathetic tRUMP actually is.

4/26/2019 2:38 pm  #9

The current WH occupant made up a new word today. He revoked another Obama initiative, this time to appease the NRA, by withdrawing the US from a UN arms treaty and resolution. Trump said, 

"This treaty threatened your subjugate... and you know exactly what's going on here; your rights."

When many people use or invent a "new word," they usually have some idea if it's a noun or verb. But Trump uttered the word "subjugate" and paused. Something in his tiny brain questioned it for a moment. He should have listened. 

Yes, we knew exactly what was going on there. His Illiteracy was on display again. 

Trump tells the most lies, is the most uninformed, and illiterate, in addition to being the fattest, dumbest, most unstable, most incompetent, and the worst spendthrift.

4/26/2019 4:12 pm  #10

Siagiah wrote:

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Last edited by Pikes Peak 14115 (Today 11:03 am)
================================================

Pikes, WHY did you edit MY post ????

4/26/2019 4:19 pm  #11

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

The current WH occupant made up a new word today. He revoked another Obama initiative, this time to appease the NRA, by withdrawing the US from a UN arms treaty and resolution. Trump said, 

"This treaty threatened your subjugate... and you know exactly what's going on here; your rights."

When many people use or invent a "new word," they usually have some idea if it's a noun or verb. But Trump uttered the word "subjugate" and paused. Something in his tiny brain questioned it for a moment. He should have listened.  

Yes, we knew exactly what was going on there. His Illiteracy was on display again. 

Trump tells the most lies, is the most uninformed, and illiterate, in addition to being the fattest, dumbest, most unstable, most incompetent, and the worst spendthrift.

======================================
I wonder what he thought he was saying ?? 

I saw a few clips of other stupid things he said today... Like he's a YOUNG MAN... ROFLMAO.  Compared to Joe Biden ??  There are 3 years difference in age and a lifetime of experience.

4/26/2019 9:04 pm  #12

I want to know what my subjugate is. 
I know what to subjugate is. 
I don't believe he does. 

While at it, it is great to see you SJW! I am embarrassed my "signature" came out so wrong. Not what I intended at all. Still playing around with it. 
The first was suggested a long time ago by a colleague and friend. Thanks for helping me see how bad that was!

4/27/2019 11:39 pm  #13

Siagiah wrote:

Siagiah wrote:

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Last edited by Pikes Peak 14115 (Today 11:03 am)
================================================

Pikes, WHY did you edit MY post ????

I didn't. Meant to click on quote, and missed. Realized what happened after the fact. Left it as it was, but with my unwashable footprint on it. 

Look. Maybe I just don't belong here. 

4/28/2019 6:31 pm  #14

Now WHY would you think that you don't belong here ??  That's just silly.

I was just confused about the editing is all.  You explained.  Explanation accepted.  No big deal.  I'd never had anyone edit my post before and I was so surprised that I asked why and then forgot all about it. 

I certainly didn't mean to UPSET you...  

Board footera