Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2024 5:58 pm  #2341

Re: New discussion thread for "grousing about" and letting off steam

Thanks, Trish!

I think that does it..

greenman

3/01/2024 1:44 pm  #2342

Sprout’s new method of argumentation:

Sprout:  ‘[some absurd thing] is true.’

Poster: ‘I’ve never heard that, can you explain?’

Sprout: ‘Seriously, you don’t know that [some absurd thing] is true?  Where have you been? How can you claim to be informed?’

What an ass..

greenman

3/01/2024 2:15 pm  #2343

Yeah, that's Sprout, for sure.

3/04/2024 9:01 pm  #2344

Who the HELL took down my two earlier posts in this thread??

Winning is fun….. - Deplorable Terrorist Otis March 4, 2024, 10:17 am
Why the HELL were my posts taken down, goddamnit? - greenman March 4, 2024, 5:57 pm
The guys on my granddaughter’s university swim team decided - observer’s March 4, 2024, 1:45 pm
Re: The guys on my granddaughter’s university swim team decided - Deplorable Terrorist Otis March 4, 2024, 1:50 pm
Re: The guys on my granddaughter’s university swim team decided - observer March 4, 2024, 5:32 pm
Re: Winning is fun….. - Deanna March 4, 2024, 12:12 pm
Re: Winning is fun….. - Deplorable Terrorist Otis March 4, 2024, 12:24 pm
LOLOL - Deanna March 4, 2024, 12:52 pm
Do you ever get tired of winning? - CE0802 March 4, 2024, 11:18 am
Never…. - Deplorable Terrorist Otis March 4, 2024, 11:22 am
Always!🤗 - observer March 4, 2024, 11:15 am

Is the Mod too DUMB to realize this was a political thread??

Sounds like the kind of brain-dead moderation we’d get from Ken.  No wonder the whiteboard FASCISTS have taken over - either Ken’s one of them, or he’s too goddamn dumb to know the difference.

Up YOURS, Ken!

greenman

3/05/2024 1:38 pm  #2345

And now I see my IP has been blocked, so I couldn’t even mock that Zionist pig DFM.

Not surprised, but no notice on the board and none via e-mail - even though I’ve e-mailed him a couple of times recently…once with criticisms of his pet, SES.

Get bent, Kenniboi. Good riddance to your boardful of bad behavior.  I’ll let someone else police it from here on out..

greenman

3/05/2024 3:31 pm  #2346

ATTENTION, anyone on R & E trying to post to me:

I am not ignoring you. Ken (I assume) has locked me out after an angry exchange over his deletion of posts I made to Otis the Terrorist and friends. I called them on their surreptitious political thread related to former President Trump’s ‘triumph’ before the Supreme Court; Ken apparently was incapable of understanding this and took down my post. This caused me to go off on him and tell him I ‘resigned’ from his board.

He has not communicated with myself or the board in any way; he merely cut off my access to the board sometime this morning.  This I feel has been a cowardly act of backstabbing, very much in keeping with his previous ‘lifetime ban’ which also came out of the blue. 

I can’t in good conscience post on his board anymore, but I hope you’ll go on posting effectively and critically in reply to the numerous bad posters there. I’d like to see that board opened up at some point to free discussion, and things like absentee moderation and DNRs disappear.  But that’s not my say.

Best wishes!

greenman

3/05/2024 5:18 pm  #2347

greenman, you posted too many personal attacks on R&E.

You are on timeout for the rest of this month.  You are welcome back April 1st.

You seem angry.  I think it would be good for you to take a break from that forum.  I suggest ignoring the forum.  I suggest not even going there to read it.  It seems like it makes you too angry. 

3/05/2024 6:40 pm  #2348

I’ll say what I said in the private e-mail exchange (which, for some reason, you felt necessary to bring onto this board):

A lot of angry people on your board, Ken.  Blame me all you want - and I know you do - and I don’t care - but that’s an increasingly toxic environment.

Three reasons are DFM, CE0802, and Sprout.  Note the hostility revolving around their posts.

If you ever even read the board.  Who the hell knows..

greenman

3/05/2024 6:55 pm  #2349

It’s interesting that there’s STILL no notice on the board indicating my status.

Very disrespectful..and not just to me.

Always the third-class citizen..

greenman

3/05/2024 11:40 pm  #2350

Greenman, don't let them get the best of you. Ken isn't one of them. He's the referee, and you're in the penalty box. Now "they" have a power play, and all you can do is watch. There's some freshman player in the NHL who has accrued more minutes in the penalty box for fighting than he's played. To be angry is easy. Anger unbalances you. Save it for the right time, in the right place, for the right people, for the right reasons.  

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

3/06/2024 2:11 am  #2351

greenman wrote:

It’s interesting that there’s STILL no notice on the board indicating my status.

Very disrespectful..and not just to me.

Always the third-class citizen..

=========================

I could be wrong, but from observation, I'm pretty sure that only those people with bans/time outs that Ken has NO EMAIL for are announced publicly? 

Oh, and that thread ABSOLUTELY was as POLITICAL as possible.  They all knew what Otis was talking about so added to it -- all in CODE, of course.  However, the obvious nature of it being a POLITICAL hurrah that tRUMP won in the SCOTUS was hard to miss.

3/06/2024 2:14 am  #2352

Pikes Peak 14115 wrote:

Greenman, don't let them get the best of you. Ken isn't one of them. He's the referee, and you're in the penalty box. Now "they" have a power play, and all you can do is watch. There's some freshman player in the NHL who has accrued more minutes in the penalty box for fighting than he's played. To be angry is easy. Anger unbalances you. Save it for the right time, in the right place, for the right people, for the right reasons.  

=====================================

EXCELLENT ADVICE.  Sometimes it's just best to turn away rather than blow a cork.  It only makes the jerks happy and us miserable.  NONE of the trolls doing that crap are worth the bother. 

Blowing a cork at Ken for it just makes things worse.  It's pointless.  It is what it is.  The trolls are ALWAYS going to be trolls and they are very clever at getting greenman's goat.  He should laugh at them because that's what they are doing to him.

3/06/2024 2:20 am  #2353

greenman wrote:

I’ll say what I said in the private e-mail exchange (which, for some reason, you felt necessary to bring onto this board):

A lot of angry people on your board, Ken. Blame me all you want - and I know you do - and I don’t care - but that’s an increasingly toxic environment.

Three reasons are DFM, CE0802, and Sprout. Note the hostility revolving around their posts.

If you ever even read the board. Who the hell knows..

==============================

The environment is VERY TOXIC right now.  The mix has gone downhill and that's the fault of certain trolls who DELIGHT in trolling others into losing their tempers.  Then they wander off laughing about it.  Someday they'll get what they deserve, but right now, that's not today.  It's not fair and it's ugly, but it's allowed so it's pointless to get SO RILED UP.  Please, simmer down and just don't look in for awhile.  At least if they ruin everything, it won't be any bit YOUR fault.

3/06/2024 7:35 am  #2354

It’s a waste of time being there, and a waste of time talking about it.

Sad to say, that’s just what it is now IMO.  A waste of time.

greenman

3/06/2024 9:24 am  #2355

greenman wrote:

It’s a waste of time being there, and a waste of time talking about it.

Sad to say, that’s just what it is now IMO. A waste of time.

============

I'm glad you've simmered down and realize that expending too much energy worrying about what they do just pushes up your blood pressure and makes them happy.

3/06/2024 6:57 pm  #2356

Just laughing at it now.

Otis is playing Ken for a fool again. Talking about ‘How nice it sounds in American Samoa’ and how he’d like to visit, a reference to Biden losing the primary there.

Comical.

greenman

3/06/2024 11:10 pm  #2357

Yeah, I just read that and posted to that effect.

Ken doesn't keep up with politics so doesn't likely even know what Otis is doing or how disrespectful he's being towards him by deliberately violating his policies right to his face and laughing about it.

Disgraceful behavior.

3/07/2024 12:49 pm  #2358

Totally OT. Sia you've had a hip replacement I think. If so can you tell me your experience? 

3/07/2024 6:35 pm  #2359

I haven't had a hip replacement, no.  My husband has a metal shoulder replacement.  I know folks who've had hip replacements.  They had to work hard in PT but it was very successful when done all of that. 

3/07/2024 6:48 pm  #2360

Siagiah wrote:

Yeah, I just read that and posted to that effect.

Ken doesn't keep up with politics so doesn't likely even know what Otis is doing or how disrespectful he's being towards him by deliberately violating his policies right to his face and laughing about it.

Disgraceful behavior.

Question: If this sneak tactic is wrong and reason for condemning the poster, how am I to blame for calling him on it originally?

Guess I still don’t know why my two non-abusive and non-profane posts in the thread were taken down in the first place?

Never did get an answer. Just more blame for being the ‘bad guy’ on Kenniboi’s board.

greenman

3/07/2024 8:14 pm  #2361

I honestly have no idea.  I didn't see your posts so don't know what they were or why they were taken down?

It is likely that Ken didn't know that the thread actually was political since Otis was SO SNEAKY about it and the others all played along.  They all dissed Ken by playing along as if they didn't know EXACTLY what Otis was up to.  They all knew!

3/19/2024 2:00 pm  #2362

Again, why is this creature tolerated?

pm

Are atheists being truthful? - Devo March 19, 2024, 11:47 am

Devo - ADMIN March 19, 2024, 11:22 am

Immediately after being warned for repetitions by the ADMIN, he posts another trolling post attacking Atheists.

Comical that he’s even tolerated.

greenman

3/22/2024 9:02 pm  #2363

Amusing that SES seems to think that he's a better translator of ancient texts in the O.T. than scholars whose job it is to do.

Maiden is another term for virgin, particularly in biblical times.  A maiden was an unmarried woman, indicating her virginal status.

The Author quotes (well, miss-quotes) the verse he's referring to. 

Posted by CE0802 on March 22, 2024, 4:59 am, in reply to "Re: how religions are invented.

Matthew 1

22: All this took place to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
23: "Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel"

The correct translation of Isaiah 7:14 is "the maiden [not virgin] is with child and she will bear a son, and will call his name Immanuel."

And because of that miss-translation, we now have the long story in Luke about the Angel telling Mary that she'd become pregnant without having sex, and the Angel coming to Joseph and telling him not to be mad because Mary is pregnant, etc.

All of that was completely invented, because of a miss-translation of the ancient text.

In fact, the ancient text in the OT is now INTENTIONALLY miss-translated so as to confirm the NT story.  

3/22/2024 9:06 pm  #2364

greenman wrote:

Again, why is this creature tolerated?

pm

Are atheists being truthful? - Devo March 19, 2024, 11:47 am

Devo - ADMIN March 19, 2024, 11:22 am

Immediately after being warned for repetitions by the ADMIN, he posts another trolling post attacking Atheists.

Comical that he’s even tolerated.

========================================

It appears that he isn't being tolerated at this point in time.  He is out for the rest of the month.

3/23/2024 9:33 am  #2365

Siagiah wrote:

Amusing that SES seems to think that he's a better translator of ancient texts in the O.T. than scholars whose job it is to do.

Maiden is another term for virgin, particularly in biblical times.  A maiden was an unmarried woman, indicating her virginal status.

The Author quotes (well, miss-quotes) the verse he's referring to. 

Posted by CE0802 on March 22, 2024, 4:59 am, in reply to "Re: how religions are invented.

Matthew 1

22: All this took place to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet:
23: "Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel"

The correct translation of Isaiah 7:14 is "the maiden [not virgin] is with child and she will bear a son, and will call his name Immanuel."

And because of that miss-translation, we now have the long story in Luke about the Angel telling Mary that she'd become pregnant without having sex, and the Angel coming to Joseph and telling him not to be mad because Mary is pregnant, etc.

All of that was completely invented, because of a miss-translation of the ancient text.

In fact, the ancient text in the OT is now INTENTIONALLY miss-translated so as to confirm the NT story.  

Ha!  Good one. I noticed that, too. ‘Maiden’ has always strongly implied ‘virgin’ in English.

The word is ‘Almah,’ I think, which is Hebrew for ‘young (unmarried) woman.’  There’s a huge debate, especially with Catholics, over which word is used and why, and how the words are translated to Greek.

‘The Septuagint translates most occurrences of almah into a generic word neanis (νεᾶνις) meaning 'young woman' however, two occurrences, one in Genesis 24:43 and one in Isaiah 7:14, are translated as parthenos (παρθένος), the basic word associated with virginity in Greek (it is a title of Athena 'The Virgin Goddess') but still occasionally used by the Greeks for a unmarried woman who is not a virgin.[19] Steve Moyise states that most scholars agree that Isaiah's phrase (a young woman shall conceive and bear a son) did not intend to convey any miraculous conception, yet, considering other uses of almah, Moyise allows that context can sometimes suggest that virgin is an appropriate translation.’ (Wikipedia)

The question is about whether Isaiah or the NT use ‘virgin’ or ‘young woman’ when describing Mary.  Obviously Catholics found the ‘Immaculate Conception’ idea useful for recreating Jesus as God-man.

Last edited by greenman (3/23/2024 9:36 am)

greenman

3/23/2024 11:38 am  #2366

Exactly. There is some controversy there.

SES thinks HE can do a better job of it that actual language experts. Clearly, he can't since even experts don't fully agree on it.

Catholics do have a few ideas that are vastly different than all of their Protestant peers. Mary is not worshipped by most Protestants and The Pope is NOT an intercessary for Jesus nor do the Trinity speak through him to the masses. There is also no purgatory where dead believers go to atone for their sins and loved ones must pray them into heaven. There is also no Limbo where un-baptised infants go.

So he is going off of ONE sect of Christianity, Catholics, as if they represent ALL Christians.

What an arrogant tool he is. I wonder what his wife would think of his crap? She is Catholic and he pretends to be.

3/23/2024 5:36 pm  #2367

Speaking of religious ignorance..

Check it out.

Posted by observer on March 23, 2024, 9:36 am, in reply to "Without answers to these two imponderables, all else seems to shrink into insignificance."

Virtually every scientist now believes there was a start time, a beginning, and the consequence of that fact indicate to many the existence of God as the cause.

Many ignorant folk like you, I guess…lol

greenman

3/25/2024 6:33 am  #2368

This is how Meyer sneaks in an extra top post about climate, I guess..

Please do not start more than one thread per page about "Climate Change"/"Global Warming" - Ken (ADMIN) February 22, 2024, 1:43 pm

Climate The Movie - DFM March 25, 2024, 3:55 am
Climate Refugees - DFM March 25, 2024, 3:56 am

Post the fake YouTube crap to yourself!  smh

greenman

3/26/2024 1:30 pm  #2369

How does this CRETIN keep getting away with the goddamn political posts?

"Our schools should do a better job of educating students." Sorry, schools have NO TIME to do this.

Posted by DFM on March 26, 2024, 11:25 am, in reply to "It doesn't matter which way it's tilted. All slanted news is bad. "

They are too busy teaching the "LEFTIST AGENDA":

Multiple genders (more than 2) exist.
Capitalism is evil.
Marxism is good.
There is a supremely dangerous "climate crisis" in progress. Those who deny it are evil.
We must cease use of all fossil fuel immediately.
A man can be converted into a woman and vice versa.
All white people are inherently evil.
Critical Race Theory.
Israel is not a legitimate country.
Political terrorism is a morally valid method in attaining moral goals.
Censorship of "Misinformation" is a proper function of government.

Much other bullshit.

‘Much other bullshit’ is the ENTIRE HISTORY OF YOUR POSTING, Meyer!

Talk about protected…this ENTIRE POST is right-wing bullshit!

greenman

3/26/2024 10:23 pm  #2370

I engaged the see lyin' with a hat pin, and it barks predictably.

Last edited by Pikes Peak 14115 (3/26/2024 10:24 pm)

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

Board footera