Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2019 1:56 pm  #1

WOW... Must watch video of 10 exciting technology advances by 2050

Prepare to be AMAZED !!

(credit to Ken C for finding this video)

4/30/2019 6:44 pm  #2

Re: WOW... Must watch video of 10 exciting technology advances by 2050

This video is fascinating !!  10 exciting technology advances expected by 2050.

10- The self-driving cars are surely going to happen. In the meantime, I almost expect traffic accidents to RISE until they get that all figured out. I'm not too keen on the idea of cars without steering wheels or brakes though. What is something goes WRONG ?Automated transportation and shipping of goods in self driving vehicles of many types.

9 - Elon Musk's Neuralink - The interface between technology and our brains will fuse into implanted devices. WOW. I am totally not so sure I'd be willing to do that !  

8- Interstellar travel and the ability to use and reuse rockets like airplanes are currently used.

7- AI Revolution, the Rise of the Chatbots - The expectations for AI technology are more than a little disconcerting. Facebook's experiment where 2 bots created a new language only THEY understood was freaky !

Stephen Hawking considered IA to be a greater threat to mankind than ANY other technology. That makes perfect sense since it is the only one that has any real opportunity for a technology to surpass any need for humans. AI is expected to surpass human intelligence by 2029 and the fear is that it may decide that HUMAN EXISTENCE is no longer necessary. Thus, we'd best be careful what we wish for and listen to Hawking's warnings about making sure the "Skynet scenario" doesn't happen.

6- Human on robot sex ?? Virtual sex commonplace between humans and robots by 2030? Well, I suppose there are worse ideas. LMAO. Marriage between robots and humans LEGAL by 2050 ?? Now that's mind boggling considering how hard it's been for some humans to get the right to marry other humans.

5- Now, a CURE FOR CANCER is exciting and I cannot WAIT for that day !!!

4- WOWZA on technology to prevent or reverse aging !! Even if they couldn't prolong LIFE, itself, if they can prevent incapacity until inevitable death, that would be amazing !! Gene editing is a wide open field and it may also prevent diseases AND prolong healthy life !! Wow, the tools to REVERSE AGING by 2029 ??

3- Transhumanism if downright fascinating. A real life bionic man and woman ?? Now that's VERY COOL !!  Bionic Men and Women to that injuries no longer matter ??  Like Darth Vader?  Or more like Steve Austin and Jaime Sommers?

2- Artificial brains by 2050 ?? That would mean conquering death when a human brain with all of its memories, etc. can be uploaded into a mechanical brain.. OMG. That's something that only the rich will have access to for a long time, I'm guessing. But, when it's possible for anyone ?? What will happen to the human race and this planet ?? Will we lose the need for food ?? Shelter ??

1-  Ray Kurzweil has an 86% correct prediction rate so that's pretty damned amazing. The idea of a technological singularity is thrilling !! (when humans and technology become one and the same) by 2050 ??

4/30/2019 11:59 pm  #3

To be more accurate, the singularity is when artificial intelligence is able to design better artificial intelligence. At that point, the intelligence level of AI will rapidly take off, leaving humans in the dust. There are some who are very worried that we are racing toward this singularity and we are not preparing for it adequately.

Amadeus

5/01/2019 1:32 am  #4

Amadeus wrote:

To be more accurate, the singularity is when artificial intelligence is able to design better artificial intelligence. At that point, the intelligence level of AI will rapidly take off, leaving humans in the dust. There are some who are very worried that we are racing toward this singularity and we are not preparing for it adequately.

Amadeus

================================

Oh?  I was just quoting what it said in the video.  I actually haven't a CLUE what the "singularity" is personally. 

Earlier in the video, there is mention of Stephen Hawking's great concerns about that very thing.

Did you get to watch the video ??  Ken C posted it on R&E also, but GOG hijacked the thread to some religious nonsense and everyone followed him down the rabbit hole.

Board footera