Welcome to The New BLUE BOARD FORUMS

Also, please feel free to visit our simple THREADED message board.

To subscribe to our RSS feed
to see new & updated posts automatically

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2019 8:56 pm  #1

IYO, is it fair for someone who has lived a life full of evil to go to

IYO, is it fair for someone who has lived a life full of evil to go directly to heaven if they change and accept Jesus as their savior at the last minute ??
How would you feel about that ?? 

(this presumes that you believe in heaven, hell, and a savior)

5/03/2019 5:17 pm  #2

Re: IYO, is it fair for someone who has lived a life full of evil to go to

Siagiah wrote:

IYO, is it fair for someone who has lived a life full of evil to go directly to heaven if they change and accept Jesus as their savior at the last minute ??
How would you feel about that ?? 

(this presumes that you believe in heaven, hell, and a savior)

Sure, why not?  Do they deserve it? ........ No

But then, does anyone deserve it?  ......... No

It's not like anyone deserves to go more than they do.

BornToFarm   (AKA Pheoma,  Deplorable Pheoma)
-----------------------------------------------
Why be normal?

5/03/2019 7:24 pm  #3

Sounds fair to me.

BTW, I love your avatar !!

5/04/2019 11:50 am  #4

I don't believe it has anything to do with accepting Jesus as savior. So, NO.

It has to do with repentance, which requires true intent at the very least. It has to be a choice of goodness.

And that is what it is all about. In that case, even if it were a last minute realization, but a true conversion, then sure.

Amadeus

5/06/2019 12:40 pm  #5

Siagiah wrote:

Sounds fair to me.

BTW, I love your avatar !!

Yeah, she is a good looker isn't she?  Just some clip art I found.  I think it is a drawing and not an actual photo.  

BornToFarm   (AKA Pheoma,  Deplorable Pheoma)
-----------------------------------------------
Why be normal?

5/06/2019 5:47 pm  #6

If anything "gets" me, it is belief of Xtians (my word for fake Christians) that as long as they believe Jesus is Who He says, and the way to God, they are saved, WHILE in this life, willfully doing things to harm others, and harm the environment and planet, with belief they not only will be saved, but God will create a new Heaven and earth just for them. To what? Screw up and destroy again? Repeat of the cycle? 

Insight into this exists in Parable of the Talents. I suggest people acquaint, reacquaint, and study that. Pretty good modicum about how to live and care for what we have. 

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

5/17/2019 6:39 pm  #7

Phony Christians irritate me too, Pikes.  BIG TIME.

Amadeus, your belief in a conversion as a requirement rather than accepting Jesus surprises me... That's very close to being saved by works instead of by faith.  Might you explain more?  I'm interested.

5/18/2019 11:20 am  #8

Trish aka Loresinger wrote:

If I base my reply on Christian 101 and intent, it is said that God knows our hearts. So, if that person was truly repentive, then they would go to heaven. False advertising doesn't work with spirituality LOL. My biggest problem is how some Christians hide behind God/Jesus for very evil or harmful ends that make them feel important

It is the Xistians who hide behind God and use Him as their weapon to do and justify their evil, with which and whom I have trouble. 

For example we have such an Xistian embrace of Trump, legislatures across America are flexing with Roe v Wade challenges to outlaw abortion, testing a Trump packed Supreme Court, when their Trump icon bragged to Howard Stern and others, he paid for 21 abortions of pregnancies for which he was responsible. 

Hypocrisy much?

What if a woman stepped forward to say she had 21 abortions? Where would be understanding of the Xistian community then and there? They would be outraged, with all manner of choice things said in condemnation of the irresponsibility. 

Then there is Trump as God's tool to usher in adverse affect of earth's climate by capital human business, justified by the Xistian mind that fulfillment of God's word is destruction of this earth, with God creating a new heaven and earth for the righteous. Them? Those whose poor stewardship not only contributed to destruction of earth climate and environment, but whose love of policy enabled it on a wide scale for monetary enrichment of a few at the expense of a multitude, harmed by starvation as the climate change food supply is impacted, or loss of homes due to extremes in weather swings?

The more I see of human nature, the more I am convinced that a basic instinct of all terrestrial life is to pick on and eventually destroy, or consume weaker life, and that includes the hypocrisy of religion and morality. We are not separated from our nature by an ideal of God or anything else. 

A kinder, gentler answer is nice. But it isn't real, except by choice and need of the moment. 

You can look away from a painting, but you can't listen away from a symphony

5/30/2019 3:50 pm  #9

Siagiah wrote:

Phony Christians irritate me too, Pikes.  BIG TIME.

Amadeus, your belief in a conversion as a requirement rather than accepting Jesus surprises me... That's very close to being saved by works instead of by faith.  Might you explain more?  I'm interested.

Well, faith without works is dead, you know. 
I see this as beyond any particular faith. It makes sense. What value is there in granting rewards to someone who is evil, but who knows enough to claim the rewards via a technicality? To me, any god(s) that would do that aren't worthy of worship, and as such, aren't truly god(s).

That means that in order to receive rewards, one has to give the requisite effort. One has to understand previous error and at the very least actually intend to do better. God(s) being god(s), this true intent can be discerned. Far better if one puts the intent into action.

I don't believe one needs to be perfect. That isn't the point of life. If you are perfect, you can't learn. One needs to be willing to admit error and be teachable. That is, to me, a preferable state to perfection.

Your mileage may vary.

Amadeus

5/31/2019 12:57 am  #10

I'm pretty sure that the deal is that the "conversion" is for real, else it's meaningless, so I expect that the "god" would be satisfied with that.

I'm guess that it's not fair in your view.

Board footera